Thursday, November 03, 2011

Sugar + Sugar + Sprayed on Nutrients = Breakfast?

Today I am determining the recommendations for menus/foods sold at the two schools that have undergone the food service assessment so far. In my quest to find some examples of maximum nutrition cereals for the Breakfast Programs, I stumbled upon the following horrific items that I have not seen before today and would now that I have, hesitate to call food. I would not recommend that these cereals be consumed, especially as the main component of a meal. Although if you're an adult and feel that you want to eat sugar coating wheat coating even more sugar, then may I suggest having protein with it so your blood sugars don't skyrocket nearly as high as without the protein?

(as I'm typing this while on a break at work, I was just offered a massive Tootsie-Roll by a co-worker, good intentioned but ironic that I'm offered it as I'm writing about how I feel these items should not be labelled as food.)

So which cereals get the designation of being so nutritionally-void?



         
             


Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment